Literacy & Basic Skills for Adults Information
Registrations are open for all programs.
If you are interested in this program, email us at email@example.com or call 519-675-4436 and leave a message, someone will get back to you. Our LBS Manager can provide information on assessments and registrations. Your future begins immediately.
Our LBS Program is designed to provide life and work skills, and assist towards high school diploma and prepare for college. We are committed to meeting your needs as well as continue to adhere to the COVID19 guidelines implemented in our schools to keep everyone safe. Please review our website for courses offered and our on-line registration process.
We offer a full set of services:
- Small classes
- Personal learner plan
- Caring teachers
Source: Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (2016). Program components (Section 2.4). Literacy and Basic Skills: Service Provider Guidelines. Toronto: Queen's Printer. Retrieved (October 11 2019) from http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/publications/lbs_service_
Adults who participate in this program:
- Are 19 or older
- Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Are an Ontario resident
- CLB 6 Speaking/Listening or higher
I. Foundation Program (Timelines vary depending on level)
- Build reading, writing, mathematics, and computer abilities
- Identify learning styles and strategies
- Real-life tasks measure progress towards your identified goal path
II. Non-Credit Reading and Writing Program for Newcomers (3-4 months)
- Directed reading and writing for adults who are newcomers preparing for high school credit
- CLB 6 Speaking and Listening minimum requirement
III. Computer Literacy Course
- Learn how to work online using the virtual learning environment
- Communicate using hardware and software programs for further education, work or daily life
You will need a few things to get started:
- An original transcript from your previous schooling (We can help if you are having trouble getting a copy)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship, Birth Certificate, Passport, Immigration documents, Permanent Resident Card.
NEW this year! You now have the opportunity to complete your registration document online.
St. Patrick Literacy and Basic Skills Registration Form:
When your form is received you will be contacted by our Guidance Counsellor.
Jill Slemon 519-675-4436
Important Dates for the 2021/2022 School Year
September 13 – November 12
November 15 – January 28
January 31 – April 11
April 12 – June 17